The Regional Benefits of Smale Riverfront Park
- Major civic space at front door of city
- Setting for festivals and events
- Access to the river
Features and activities to draw visitors
- Family-sized porch swings
- Public Art
- Water Features
- Boat Landings
- Event Lawn
- Bike Path / Walkways
- Restaurants & Cafes
- Linkage to existing riverfront parks
- The park will provide a new river edge
- The Park will provide flood mitigation and erosion control
- The park will be an economic engine and regional destination
The Economic Benefits of Smale Riverfront Park
- The park will bring 1.1 million new visitors to downtown and will have a positive impact on tourists, convention goers, and downtown business.
- The park will leverage the development of The Banks and it will serve as the front yard/neighborhood park for its tenants, visitors, and home owners.
- The park will be the setting for major events and festivals.
- The park will contain restaurants, cafes and concessions to provide food and drink to visitors, as well as to generate revenue.